Friday, March 5, 2010

Am I a wigga?

Ok so I didn't really know what my first official blog should be about....until today when someone started a conversation with me by saying, "Sup wigga?"

*For those of you who don't know what a wigga is, it's a white person that tries to be black.*

I think it was a culmination of other similar comments directed at me throughout pretty much my whole life that finally made me snap when I heard this. As mentioned previously in my introduction; I love hip hop, but I want to make it very clear to everyone that I am NOT a wigga. Although I may talk in excess about the culture, that doesn't make me a wannabe, it just means I have an interest in it.

As everyone already knows it is probably THE most frustrating thing to be called something you're not, so when lots of people call me this it gets me worked up. Plus they don't even have anything to back up the claim that I am a 'wigga'; I don't ever try to be black! I don't dress like a black person, I don't speak like one (except on the web sometimes....as a joke), I don't smoke weed, I don't own a gun, I don't like watermelon, I don't eat fried chicken (ok, I'm pushing it now); I just don't try to be black. And please don't get me wrong, I'm not speaking negatively of the race at all, I just think it's stupid to want to be something you're not. and I am very happy with myself as I am....word? lol.

FURTHERMORE, I find it horrible that when people ask me what kind of music I like I'm embarrassed to say hip hop. I've found when you're a little white girl like me and you say that, people laugh and automatically think you're a try hard. It's as if because I'm white, I'm supposed to like white music i.e. rock or pop, which is some bullllllshiiiiiiit.

Something that makes me laugh though is how people automatically think all black people like hip hop, which used to be me before I became friends with quite a few African guys and girls. If I saw a black guy on a bus I would turn my music up really loud and try to tilt my ipod so he could see the album cover and song playing in the hopes he would look and start talking to me LOL. But I've learned that just makes you look like a dick. The best way to get a black guy is to wear booty pop underwear and give some great head. Right kim kardashian? Haha I'm totally joking :/

And on that note I really hope my mother doesn't read this, and just so everyone is clear JUST because I love hip hop doesn't mean I want to be black. It's like me calling someone Italian just because they happen to like pasta, mkay?

*Mkay.*

No comments:

Post a Comment